- SUHYUNG CHO, Ph.D.
- Date of Birth : 10.23
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Experiences: Research Professor, 2012-present, KAIST Institute for the BioCentury, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Project Scientist, 2011-2012, Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego.
Education and training: Post-doctoral researcher, 2005-2011, Department of Chemistry, University of California, San Diego, Ph.D. 2001-2005, Interdisciplinary program of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Seoul National University
Research experiences: RNA aptamer/riboswitches/ribozyme bioengineering for the genetic circuit and biochip/biosensor; Mechanistic study of human RNA splicing through dynamic interaction observations between SR-protein and pre-mRNA or SR-protein and other splicing factors by phosphorylation signals; Study of alternative splicing by various splicing factors in early spliceosomal complex
Research interests: Based on my previous research experiences, I am currently enjoying scientifically in following topics.
– Dynamic study of transcriptome and genome in E. coli using next-generation sequencing and its application to promoter engineering
– Development of DNA/RNA aptamers using HTS and its applications to synthetic biology
– Pathogen transcriptomes analysis for cancer therapy and infection diagnosis using NGS techniques
– The transcriptome analysis of alternative splicing pattern causing genetic disease and cancer and its application to genetic therapy and genetic engineering